Skip to main content

Vasa Ski Swap

2022 Vasa Ski Swap

Winter is coming and we're helping Northern Michigan get ready! Back for another year, Brick Wheels, the Vasa Ski Club and eager winter athletes from across the region kick off the season with the Ski Swap on October 2022. 

What Is The Vasa Ski Swap?

This is your chance to move older Nordic skis and equipment along or pick up used gear at a great price! Used equipment makes getting into cross-country skiing much more accessible for new skiers and families with growing kids. 

How It Works

Drop-off. Drop-off your used but still serviceable and safe used Nordic ski equipment at Brick Wheels Friday, October 21 between 4 and 7pm OR Saturday, October 22 between 8 and 10am. You'll get 75% of the sale price, with the remaining 25% donated to the Vasa Ski Club.

The Sale. The swap opens at 10am and closes at 2pm. Throughout the day, we'll have visitors from the Vasa Ski Club, Northern Michigan Mountain Bike Association and TART talking about groomed trails and ways you can support grooming efforts in Traverse City! It's a neat chance to pick up your NMMBA grooming badge or TART grooming badge before the snow flies.  

Payout. If your items sell, you'll be able to pick up your payout between 2 and 4:00 pm at Brick Wheels. 

Not Just Skis...

October is a sprint to the 2022 Bell's Iceman Cometh Challenge and we're stocking up to make locals and visitors alike have the right gear to have a killer race. Make sure you get your bike in for a pre-race tune-up, check out our favorite tires for the race and get the latest on course conditions from the Brickheads. 

Get Up To Speed

Keep up with all-things active with Brick Wheels! Sign up for our newsletter and we'll have a free Brick Wheels water bottle waiting for you at the Ski Swap. *Must pick up in person on October 22.

 Sign Up Here